Support and Tutorials gone?

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
LloydCt
New Poster
New Poster

Support and Tutorials gone?

Post by LloydCt »

Greetings,

When I am on the "old" page nothing is happening when I click on the Support and Tutorials banner???

I can access this part of the forum (obviously) but not the other with the wealth of info. Is it gone or merely elsewhere..?
LLOYD

LloydCt
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Support and Tutorials gone?

Post by LloydCt »

I just clicked on the HOW TO INDEX post below and that just circles to a generic banner, then back to the list of topics but nothing About the topic...

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Can you provide the URLs please? I’m not understanding the click trail you are describing.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Click on the link below:

Link: https://www.boatbuildercentral.com/tutorials/

All of the information is there. Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Jeff, my concern is that there is a bad link. I see a few things in the original post that have me scratching my head....
LloydCt wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:14 am When I am on the "old" page nothing is happening when I click on the Support and Tutorials banner???
1. What "old page"? I thought all the former sites have been archived off the net so...
2. "Support and Tutorials banner" is not a thing that I'm aware of. This goes back to #1.
LloydCt wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:18 amHOW TO INDEX
3. I can't find this anywhere.

I'm wondering if there is a phantom site that we need to get under control...
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jaysen, I think he is remembering the old site. No positive but I think that is what he referring too. I don't think there is phantom site out there!! We just need to get him to the new site. Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Maybe. But if he is clicking on links somewhere, I need to rectify it. As I read his opening post, he is looking at a page and clicking a link. That is problematic to my IT brain.

Also, considering his joined date (Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:36 pm) I'm not sure how he found an old page since I really tried to make them all go away... forever.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good points Jaysen!!! Jeff

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

This how to link is dead after you are not alone, we will help u

??

https://bateau2.com/faq.php#top
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Thanks FG! That entire site should be “offline” and just send everyone to BBC. I’ll figure out why it isn’t working per BBC spec asap.

What this means is that ALL pages on bateau2 will just land at BBC home page (some have redirects to replacement pages)