Yamaha Ignition Switch

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Yamaha Ignition Switch

Post by fallguy1000 »

OrangeQuest wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:09 pm Since I am wiring my build now, I go back and check everything every time I connect something up. I am trying to use a on/off/on switch for my nav lights/anchor light and just had to put a diode in the circuit. Worked every time I tested it. Yesterday, I tested everything at in the dark so I could see the gauge lights, switch lights and so on. Everything worked the way it should. This morning the nav/anchor lights didn't work. Very frustrating to say the least.

I still have to connect the aftermarket tach up and I hope the tach wire coming down the harness works with this gauge because it is also my hour meter. Troubleshooting automotive engine controls was easier than all this making wiring harnesses, heat shrinking all connectors and making sure I am using the right size ring connectors. On my back and trying to tilt my head back enough to use my reader lens on my bifocals. My shoulders seem to be wider than the room I have and arms and hands do not bend enough. The fun!!

Just glad my motor came with the controls and is just plug and play.
This is up there in the best posts on the forum. While I was building, I had a few times I was reaching hard and It was hot and I had visions of the fire department saying don't worry, we are gonna cut you out..leaving pieces of hull on the tent floor..

I have a diode in my nav light setup, too. It is not done to ABYC! It is soldered because I could not really come up with a trustworthy way to crimp solid stranded wire...sorry for the mini hijack Dan.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

There is much in this thread that I just don't understand! :doh:

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

BarraMan wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:06 pm There is much in this thread that I just don't understand! :doh:
Seriously? This thread is all about boatbuilding electrical fun!

Nothing better than crawling into a locker sized a little smaller than yourself in a 110 degree tent!

This little 8 pin conversion is good fun!
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

OrangeQuest wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:09 pm On my back and trying to tilt my head back enough to use my reader lens on my bifocals.
My wife's grandfather was a carpenter and got a pair of bifocals with the reading part at the top of the lens as well as the bottom, made putting up crown molding much easier. All the crown molding I've put up and I know about the option, you'd think I'd have gotten glasses like that, but no . . . :roll:
Hank

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

pee wee wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:33 am
OrangeQuest wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:09 pm On my back and trying to tilt my head back enough to use my reader lens on my bifocals.
My wife's grandfather was a carpenter and got a pair of bifocals with the reading part at the top of the lens as well as the bottom, made putting up crown molding much easier. All the crown molding I've put up and I know about the option, you'd think I'd have gotten glasses like that, but no . . . :roll:
Wow. This is genius. I spend a lot of time in the shop, and under the console, taking off my glasses to read a tape measure, see a pencil mark or put a screw through a ring connector.

Bifocals are up next for me!

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

pee wee wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:33 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: Those are almost every pair of cheap readers that I have a dozen of laying around! But I need my bifocals to climb in and out of the boat, that and didn't think to just wear my cheap pair.

For better light and warmth, I push the boat out into the parking lot and my regular pair of glasses have transitional lens that help with the bright sun light.I am sticking with that excuse for not thinking of the cheap pair of readers. :oops: :oops:
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne