Wahoo

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Wahoo

Post by Jaysen »

The biggest problems I’ve been hearing is that the “small boats” are cleaning the near shore habitats. Down here it’s 75-100mi to guarantee keepers. In Alabama it’s 50mi.

By that I mean if you get it to the boat there no need for a tape because they are all legal. You can get a few keepers closer but lots of under sized.

I’m putting out some questions about getting the hoo off the rigs. We have them here too. I’d be surprised if it isn’t just dragging giant sparkles or flipping giant lives. As in medium bonita sized.

What’s your planned trolling speed?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Wahoo

Post by fallguy1000 »

The Skoota will make the sea less a factor. I only saw a couple boats that were offshore vessels in Corpus, but I did not go to the main marina.

When I asked the laguna charter guy about fishing offshore; he told me he didn't know of anyone there going out; everyone fishes the inside
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495