Forum acting funny

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Forum acting funny

Post by fallguy1000 »

I keep forgetting the delete cookies bit.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Yeah. 99% of the time that’s going to be the problem. There’s a big long winded explanation about session security, ID hashing, browser memory and globalization of load balancing but no one really give a sh!t. Even those of us that built this stuff originally are all “eh… whateve… who has some 2k grit?”

Assuming I can get this little mess I’ve created of my life cleared up the next forum upgrade may make it a little better. May. No promises.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

This is what I get after I hit submit to post my comment to a thread. Wait a one minute or so and nothing seems to happen so hit submit again. Then this pops up. I am the one that posted a reply but doesn't showmy post was posted till I hit submit again. This is if I delete cookies or not. Deleting cookies only mean I have to log back in next visit to the forum.
https://community.boatbuildercentral.co ... 823329.png

I understand site admin is a little busy right now but may help when gets a chance to look into the issue.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

so that is just the internet hating us all right now. Seriously.

In that scenario (which actually happens to me quite a bit more than I care to admit), is your first submit hits there server but the redirect between posting and showing your response just stalls. In all my testing it is on the RETURN PATH from the server NOT at the server or the client. Something in the middle just says "I HATE YOU ALL!!! GO EAT FROGS!!!" and votes incorrectly (note I make no assumptions as to which direction an incorrect vote is cast, it just isn't the correct direction). Then when you click submit the second time, the server looks at your submission start (which is assigned when you started the message) and the last message in the thread and asks you if you want to see the newer message (which happens you be your exact message that the dimwit internet troll stomped on.

That's my best effort to explain how route flap is likely killing some of our sessions.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Captain James T. Kirk: “You’d make a splendid computer, Mr. Spock.”

Spock: [taken aback] “That is very kind of you, Captain!”
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne