Forum acting funny

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Forum acting funny

Post by Fuzz »

When I post a reply it is taking forever to complete. And when I post another reply my old post is shown???
Maybe it is just me or are others seeing the same thing?

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum acting funny

Post by Jeff »

Fuzz, No, I am not experiencing this issue and I have not heard from anyone else on this matter!!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Once you are done posting all you want to post, head down to the bottom and look for the "delete cookies" link. This "should" clear out all the oreos that the forum stashes. If there are too many oreos the server gets confused and forgets to stop eating. It's kind of like a teenage son... lose the food and they act better. Sometimes. Might not work. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll see if I can think of another thing for you to try

:)

Seriously though. The old post thing is a stale cookie (browser state). Seeing that indicates you have some sessions that could be purged. Just click the link and see if that helps.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Fuzz wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:55 pm When I post a reply it is taking forever to complete. And when I post another reply my old post is shown???
Maybe it is just me or are others seeing the same thing?
Just did it to me. I posted something and it didn't seem to go through, then I added a little more to my post and I could see the post like it was a preview, but it was my post. So, did a screen refresh and edited the first post.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Sounds like the kid has some work to do. That is when he is not grinding glass :help: Heck of a skill set that guy has,boat build, repair and then do geek stuff.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Fuzz, are you still having issues?? Jeff

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Things look back to normal now. Thanks for asking Jeff.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

It is still keeping my last entries on a thread in the buffer.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

fallguy1000 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:26 pm It is still keeping my last entries on a thread in the buffer now and then; not always..
I tried to edit the prior entry and I must have quoted myself...

It sucks getting old. Where's my tackle box?

I think I need to head to Alaska for some fishin.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

fallguy1000 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:26 pm It is still keeping my last entries on a thread in the buffer.
Just to be clear, this is AFTER immediately after you’ve clicked on the delete cookies link?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.