VG23 deck question

Sail Boats 15' and up. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: VG23 deck question

Post by Jaysen »

The BBCode for a link looks like ...

Code: Select all

This is the [url=https://hisse-et-oh.com/wikiboats/super-serpentaire?f=tc&page=2&q=super-serpentaire]site[/url]
which comes out like

This is the site
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

mhd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: VG23 deck question

Post by mhd »

rick berrey wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:30 pm I found the pictures of the serpentaire with the top popped around the hatch . I don't know how to post links , but the site is , hisse-et-oh.com/wikiboats/super-serpentaire?f=tc&page=2&q=super-serpentaire . I have also seen some pictures of a couple serpentaire with long cabin versions , you may be able to add a bulkhead one frame back with a popped top version and get galley room or a head space + some head space . Rick
Thanks Rick!! Looks like the same build that is here in full http://4mm4.free.fr/index.htm. I appreciate the space it gives, but don't think it is as clean a design (or as pretty) as the flush-deck original in the plans. Anyway, I'm going to build the five-panel hull first and get the stringers in place, then do some accurate-as-possible testing to see exactly what headroom there is. I'm just under 6' in height, and the missus is the same, and we just want to sit down for dinner (on a thin cushion), without our heads brushing the deck above. It would be horribly frustrating to be one inch too short. Plenty of bawdy sailor jokes I could make about such matters of course, but I'll keep it clean :-)

Anyway, I think I've spec'd out each part of the boat now, and have a lot of bookmarks of things to order and multiple notebooks full of notes/sketches/calculations. I think I have the entire design more-or-less in my head and/or on paper, and what I think is a pretty accurate total cost. All in all the VG23 is a wonderful design. A few decisions to make along the way of course, but it will happen. Can't wait to get home now and start building. Thanks for following along.

Cheers,

Mick

PS To include the hyperlink I copied and pasted the address into this reply, highlighted it, and hit the "link" icon (to the right of the image icon in the menu bar). I see Jaysen also just posted the appropriate code if you want to do it by hand.
FB11 (Designer Evan Gatehouse)
VG23 (Designer Jacques Mertens)

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein.