cs 25 build australia

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
FastEd05
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

cs 25 build australia

Post by FastEd05 »

Thanks to the brilliant design of this boat from j m i finally got to put the hull in the water and when given just a bit of throttle of the old 2 stroke 175 Johnson the boat slipped onto the plane in no time, what a pleasure to behold with such a large hull with lightness to perform with lower than normal hp requirements compared to a solid glass hull. The small town boat ramp i slipped the boat into on the Queensland coast was full of people with greatful comments of its old school design and sleek looks.
Attachments
173.jpeg
169.jpeg
196.png
168.jpeg

BarraMan
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: cs 25 build australia

Post by BarraMan »

Congratulations on the build, but can you explain the 3x outboards? :doh:
Regards
Lee

FastEd05
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by FastEd05 »

The main outboard 175 johnson only cost 300 bucks and if if lasts will chew fuel like crazy. This boat will be mainly used for slow cruising of our Great Sandy Straights inside Fraser Island on the QLD coast.The smaller motors will be used for slow trolling and cruising. Why run a v6 outboard slow and waste fuel. This is not a boat for chasing large gamefish. I built it to retire for fishing and having fun with family and friends. I don't need to go flat out all the time, and there is plenty to see at a walking pace in our large estuary system of Fraser Island . Bigger, better, faster is not me, i just love the design of this boat and wanted to have one, and now i have it, job done, happy chappy i am.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Congrats!! Jeff

FastEd05
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by FastEd05 »

Thanks Jeff, From the start of the idea of a classic boat build in ply glass sandwich, this one took my eye immediately, and i new it was tricky to build as it has no straight lines down her sides, she got curves like a lovely lady, thanks for your help and special thanks to Jacques for the balanced design throughout. The first time i got the boat up on to the plane it just slide up to speed and had no balance or any issues at all. Cheers, as i am still fitting out the boat with lots of ideas and equipment i will keep in touch. Thanks Ed, Australia.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

That is a great looking boat! And your use of motors is different but totally logical.
One of our members has posted pictures of that area but if you get the chance more would sure be nice. :D

FastEd05
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by FastEd05 »

I will look through my pics of my fishing areas and put together a bit of an idea of the inland western side of the largest sand island of the world, Fraser Island. To venture to deeper waters with large gamefish you must cross dangerous bars at either end of the 80 mile sand island. On a good day this is easy but as we know these days are few and far between. I prefer to reef fish on the islands deep inside edges for estuary cod and other salt and sweet water estuary fish like barramundi and javalin fish and king salmon, etc. We have a lot of mudcrabs in our area and they are bloody tasty also. Thanks for your interest and i will post some pics and info in a couple of days, cheers.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Is your king salmon the same as ours here in Alaska?

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

I don't think so. AFAIK the only country to introduce Pacific salmon is NZ. Our runs are in bad shape; most years I don't bother trying to catch one of the few hundred fish that return.

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Fuzz wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:41 pm Is your king salmon the same as ours here in Alaska?
NO! What we call Threadfin or King Salmon is a completely different species unrelated to northern hemisphere salmon. Likewise what we call Australian Salmon. Calling them Salmon is a misnomer! We also have Blue Salmon - which are not true Salmon!