Oh oh

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Oh oh

Post by fallguy1000 »

I took a pic when the screen hangs, if it helps. But I can't post pic here.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Just testing to see if I have a delay!!! Jeff

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Went right through!!! Jeff

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Jeff wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:26 am Just testing to see if I have a delay!!! Jeff
It is sporadic. Sometimes works fast, sometimes not or super slow for maybe a week. Hate to p & moan, but wondering if it may help in understanding other issues now.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

fallguy1000 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:39 am
Jeff wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:26 am Just testing to see if I have a delay!!! Jeff
It is sporadic. Sometimes works fast, sometimes not or super slow for maybe a week. Hate to p & moan, but wondering if it may help in understanding other issues now.
I get it. I've been in contact with a bunch of folks in various groups. It's odd. similar reports in different groups. no commonality. it "feels" like there is a larger networking issue around a few major gateways (think the intersections of major interstates) into second and third-tier providers (think ace hardware compared to home depot). The provider BBC uses is reputable and a big player in the market segment but not a global player like google, Tencent, lucent, etc. we recently (24mo ago) moved the BBC services over to be colocated with major players via our provider's reseller agreements. Technically we should be protected. The thing is all my acquaintances are seeing the exact same things.

As much as I want this to be a PHPBB or OS issue I think there is a larger, internet-wide thing at play here. Not a conspiracy, just a reallocation of IP space or routing or something (I know IPV6 is being rolled out a lot of places). I'm still working to reduce the impacts to us. I just can't seem to stay ahead of it.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

Jaysen wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:19 pm
fallguy1000 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:39 am
I get it. I've been in contact with a bunch of folks in various groups. It's odd. similar reports in different groups. no commonality. it "feels" like there is a larger networking issue around a few major gateways (think the intersections of major interstates) into second and third-tier providers (think ace hardware compared to home depot). The provider BBC uses is reputable and a big player in the market segment but not a global player like google, Tencent, lucent, etc. we recently (24mo ago) moved the BBC services over to be colocated with major players via our provider's reseller agreements. Technically we should be protected. The thing is all my acquaintances are seeing the exact same things.

As much as I want this to be a PHPBB or OS issue I think there is a larger, internet-wide thing at play here. Not a conspiracy, just a reallocation of IP space or routing or something (I know IPV6 is being rolled out a lot of places). I'm still working to reduce the impacts to us. I just can't seem to stay ahead of it.

Jaysen,
It's been said before but I'll say it again, thanks for helping and working on all these issues! It is appreciated!!
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain