Free Book: Elements of Boat Strength: D. Gerr

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
mhd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Free Book: Elements of Boat Strength: D. Gerr

Post by mhd »

I just started the second year module of the Westlawn courses. They sent me a new copy of Elements of Boat Strength by David Gerr, but I already have my own copy.

Anyone want it, then reply and PM me with your address and I'll post it on to you.

First reply gets it.

https://www.gerrmarine.com/ELEMENTS_OF_ ... ENGTH.html

Mick
FB11 (Designer Evan Gatehouse)
VG23 (Designer Jacques Mertens)

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein.

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Free Book: Elements of Boat Strength: D. Gerr

Post by OneWayTraffic »

Fantastic book, and I'd love a hardcopy but NZ might be too far to post.

Someone jump in!

mhd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mhd »

OneWayTraffic wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:22 am Fantastic book, and I'd love a hardcopy but NZ might be too far to post.

Someone jump in!
Ah, sorry, I should have probably stated US addresses only. Postage costs to the UK from here have gone crazy in recent years and I'm sure to NZ is the same.

Anyone else (located in the USA?).

Mick

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein.

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

If nobody jumps in I'll set up a NZpost Youshop account where you ship to a US address and they take care of the rest.

mhd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mhd »

No problem mate. No one else seems interested so just PM me your address and I'll post it out. Can't let a good book go to waste!

Mick

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

mhd wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:00 am No problem mate. No one else seems interested so just PM me your address and I'll post it out. Can't let a good book go to waste!

Mick
It arrived today. Cost about $30 USD to send, but worth it. One for the bookcase or to gift to the library.

mhd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mhd »

Excellent! Glad it found a good home!

Happy reading.

Mick

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

And thank you very much.