OD16 getting closer

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

DrBones wrote:Great job! I like those gunwales. :P ....build...er...sand on dude!
Thanks Doc, I actually made the gunwales wider after speaking to Evild. He had mentioned that he wished he had made them wider (thanks Evild :D )

Doc, when is the splash date??

anflyer

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

ks8 wrote:
At that point I still had not rounded or sanded the console.
Good to hear. Else, I was going to suggest you paint it and the deck red! :lol: :lol: :lol: :help:

Sincerely,
ks
RED, actualy good idea it will cover up all of the blood stains.....fish blood that is.. :wink:

The actual hull color is going to be ICE BLUE if I ever figure out the right mix of the S3 paints (orcas white & shaw blue).

The interior will e just white.

anflyer

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

[/quote]Oh my God,! you really did do this my man!I'm inpressed.Acually I'm spechless.That has got to be the most excellent Boat around.You just brought tears to my eyes.Build on dude.Build on.Evild
[/quote]

Thanks EvilD, there is no way as a first time builder I could have done it without this forum ~^ [/quote]

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

The actual hull color is going to be ICE BLUE if I ever figure out the right mix of the S3 paints (orcas white & shaw blue).
If you get a small test batch right with relatively small measured amounts, it may make it easier to duplicate the ratios years down the road with fresh batches since you'll have the ratios documented (but that's no guarantee). A 4 ounce batch is cheaper to experiment with. :lol:

ks

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

ks8 wrote:
If you get a small test batch right with relatively small measured amounts, it may make it easier to duplicate the ratios years down the road with fresh batches since you'll have the ratios documented (but that's no guarantee). A 4 ounce batch is cheaper to experiment with. :lol:

ks

I was thinking of calling System 3 and asking if they already have the right ratio....

anflyer

Troutlet
Active Poster
Active Poster

gunwhales

Post by Troutlet »

Thanks Doc, I actually made the gunwales wider after speaking to Evild. He had mentioned that he wished he had made them wider (thanks Evild Very Happy )
So how wide did you go with them? They do look great BTW.

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: gunwhales

Post by anflyer »

Troutlet wrote:
Thanks Doc, I actually made the gunwales wider after speaking to Evild. He had mentioned that he wished he had made them wider (thanks Evild Very Happy )
So how wide did you go with them? They do look great BTW.

Troutlet, I believe they are 7" or 71/2" I can't really remember. I will measure when I get home :D

The good thing is that they don't take up any interior space. If you stand all the way to the end of the sole the gunwale is just up against your upper knee...

Here are some pics of the gunwales before the fiberglass and fairing:

Mike Adams
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mike Adams »

That's beautiful work! Well done. Narrow gunwales like that are what I am building on my FL14.
FL14 "Lake Dreamer" built.

attownsend
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by attownsend »

anflyer wrote:
Oh my God,! you really did do this my man!I'm inpressed.Acually I'm spechless.That has got to be the most excellent Boat around.You just brought tears to my eyes.Build on dude.Build on.Evild
[/quote]

Thanks EvilD, there is no way as a first time builder I could have done it without this forum ~^ [/quote][/quote]

That's what we're here for when you need us.!!! :D
If it ain't Boeing,I ain't going.Evild

STEW
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by STEW »

She does look sweet. Just a quick opinion...an off white for the interior is alot more friendly to the eyes on those sunny offshore days.