OD16 getting closer

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

Some very nice work man! You are going to have one strong fine boat when your finished and I can tell your very proud of her. I wish I had finished mine half as clean as yours on the inside. This winter I may do some tinkering.

FIRST RATE!

Oh and a friend of mine has the c olor your looking for painted on his little wooden production boat. Very pretty! He went with a lighter inside color but it was called cucumber they both play off one another very well.

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

FLYonWALL9 wrote:Some very nice work man! You are going to have one strong fine boat when your finished and I can tell your very proud of her. I wish I had finished mine half as clean as yours on the inside. This winter I may do some tinkering.

FIRST RATE!

Oh and a friend of mine has the c olor your looking for painted on his little wooden production boat. Very pretty! He went with a lighter inside color but it was called cucumber they both play off one another very well.

Thanks FOW, do you know if your friend used System 3 paints. and if so what mix ratios did he use.
anflyer

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

No sorry I know he used BLP paint which is made here in my town. Great paint and they can match anything. But I know none of this is of any help.

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

FLYonWALL9 wrote:No sorry I know he used BLP paint which is made here in my town. Great paint and they can match anything. But I know none of this is of any help.
If you have any picture it would be great that.
thanks,
anflyer

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

Picture of my buddies boat? I tried to take one of the inside but the color looks white. Its far from white but sure looks like it in pictures. Its a very light green but if you put it next to blue it will have a blue hue to it. Really cool color. Unless you are set on using System 3, many paint makers can match anything. If you cant come up with something I can try and be a middle man or hook you up with BLP MOBILE PAINTS.

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

FLYonWALL9 wrote:Picture of my buddies boat? I tried to take one of the inside but the color looks white. Its far from white but sure looks like it in pictures. Its a very light green but if you put it next to blue it will have a blue hue to it. Really cool color. Unless you are set on using System 3, many paint makers can match anything. If you cant come up with something I can try and be a middle man or hook you up with BLP MOBILE PAINTS.
\n
I already have the S3 primer, so i'm just going to stick with the complete system.

Thanks,
Adrian

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

It's been a while but the outside of the hull is finally faired and painted. And it only took 113 years (that's what it felt like). The paint job came out an 8 out of 10 (I am happy but not extremely happy). I sprayed the primer (S3) and it came out great using that tecnique, the paint (S3) didn't spray very well it would have run's even when spraying a light coat (thinned at the recomended maximum of 10%) so I had to tip in several locations and the last coat with crossliner seemed to be the most difficult to spray.

My next boat I will roll and tip if I use the S3 paints unless somebody can show me how to do it right.

The bottom of the hull is Graphite / Epoxy and the sides are Orcas White. I am definately going to have to tone down the inside as the orcas white is blinding in the sun........

I will be flipping it today and will finish the interior (install console and fiberglass floor) hopefully by the next 2 weeks.

Launch day is now June :D/ if every thing goes well.

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

The hull was flipped on Saturday. Today I wil begin sanding and finishing the interior.
anflyer

Iowa Boy Greg
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Iowa Boy Greg »

Hey,

That xmas tree holder in the foreground would make a good seat post mount :D

Great work!
Earth First! We can mine the other planets later.

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

Iowa Boy Greg wrote:Hey,

That xmas tree holder in the foreground would make a good seat post mount :D

Great work!
Great idea i hadn't thought of that. And since it is plastic it will be great for saltwater use :lol: