Greg's GT23 Blog

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
OzzyC
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by OzzyC »

Squid has posted another question on the blog (http://houseboatbuilder.blogspot.com), and I posted the answer there.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you are hitting this blog? Do you find it useful? Are the video clips helpful? Is there anything you'd like us to expound on more? Is there anything you'd like us to change? Though we're doing this blog as much for our benefit as anything, I'd like to make sure this blog is helpful to you as fellow boat builders. So if there's anything you'd like me to change, add, or discuss in more detail, please let me know.

Dane_Ger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dane_Ger »

You guys are doing a great job with this boat . . . AND with the blog site! Keep up the good work! :D
Building the FL14

JohnI
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by JohnI »

I've been following the blog and enjoying it very much. I look forward to following your progress. I'm interested in the concept of the GT23 and I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

Mike Adams
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mike Adams »

Ditto to what Dane and JohnI have said! I'm sure there are lots of us who are interested in following your progress, even if not many respond to your post.
FL14 "Lake Dreamer" built.

OzzyC
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by OzzyC »

I've finally taken the opportunity to cruise through a couple of other builders' threads and pics start to finish. It's really inspiring. Though Iowa Boy Greg and I have done small boats, it's really motivating to look at others doing similar projects, and picturing what the outcome of Greg's boat will be like. It's also helpful to see some of the trials and setbacks you've experienced, so we can be prepared for them; though I know we won't be without setbacks.

OzzyC
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by OzzyC »

BTW, Squid, was that a bona fide squid lid I saw on your melon in one of those pics?

squid
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by squid »

Yes it was.
I am retired U.S. Navy with 20 yrs service. That was the hat from my last ship USS Lake Erie CG 70 Based in pearl Harbor Hawaii.
Squid

OzzyC
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Status Report

Post by OzzyC »

Well, it's been a while since we've done any work, and since we've posted anything on the blog, but FINALLY there's a little progress. If you check out the blog (http://houseboatbuilder.blogspot.com) you can get an idea of what the boat will look like, and the latest dammits we've run into.

OzzyC
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to Work Ye Scurvy Dogs

Post by OzzyC »

Aye-aye Captain!!

Since last checking in I got married, and Iowa Boy Greg was good enough to put the boat project on hold to help me out in the preparation of the wedding.

Now that the wedding's over though, we're getting back to work on the boat. We've got the seams pretty much stitched and glued, including filleting the gaps between the hull and transoms (from the inside).

We're still running in to fitting discrepencies between the plans and kit vs. how it actually fits together, but everything we've run into so far has been an issue with the pieces cut too large. And if there's got to be a discrepency, I'd rather have to cut stuff off, rather than adding strips of wood and putty.

If you'd like to see pics and more descriptions, go to http://houseboatbuilder.blogspot.com

OzzyC
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Request from a blog reader

Post by OzzyC »

To the powers that be:

I had a reader on my blog make the following comment/request...

You have a riveting web log and undoubtedly must have atypical & quiescent potential for your intended readership.

May I suggest that you do everything in your power to honor your designer/Architect as well as your audience.

Who should I credit for the design/architect aspect of the boat? I'd like to give a web link to the appropriate place. Is http://www.bateau.com sufficient? Should I add the name of the architect? If so, who is it?