FL14 Started

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
jklett
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jklett »

Sorry for not having any updates, life has a way of upsetting even the best laid plans. I just got back to working on this boat this week. Since my last post, I've gotten the outside almost ready for primer, glued in the cleats for the seats, and have the rest of the wood all cut out. Hopefully I'll have this thing finished before the fall. I'll put up more pictures when I can.

My daughter helped me pick the colors and it'll be yellow with white interior and brown accents. We even came up with a name. Bunkerfinger. Kind of a play on butterfinger candy bars(I'll letter the aft side in the same font as the wrapper) with bunker being a popular baitfish around here.

bredstein
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: FL14 Started

Post by bredstein »

jklett wrote:... we went and picked up the plywood
Welcome to the unofficial FL14 club! I guess it is one of the most popular boats built on this forum. Good luck, and let us all know how it goes, especially when you'll start using her on the water. If I got it right from your pictures, you are using exterior plywood which I am a strong admirer of :-) Did you have any places filled with something rubber-like?
Best,
Andrey
FL14