Check her out! OD18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

JASmine wrote:Tex..Do your cupholders have a drain?? If so did you run a drain hose?
Thanks
Oh no! MODS!!! You'll never finish her. Forget the drain hoses! You'll just want to run them into a bilge pump, and dedicate one pump and bilge for them so beer doesn't get in the *other* bilge... and then you'll want to.... NOOOOoooo! Don't do it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ks

odras
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by odras »

Changes ? KS ? naw never happen!

That is a fine looking OD, hope mine turns out near as well!

The drain holes don't drain into the bilge, they drain onto a holding tank, so at least you got some beer after the motor quits 10 miles of shore, sheesh rookies!!!! :lol:

Again really sweet boat, and please, I'd love to hear how she goes with that 70!

Bill
Take your kid fishing!

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

New marketing campaign? Bilge Beer? Ah, but will it wash? Sounds swill to me...

:doh:

FishTX4Life
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by FishTX4Life »

Well heres some numbers with the 70 yammyhammer. She planes at 3400 and runs comfortably at 4000. The break in called for WOT in the 2nd hour. So I dropped the hammer and it was atleast 35 mph. crazy fast! I'll report the actual numbers when I bring my GPS. Iit porpoised the first time I dropped it at 5500 and then my buddy suggested I trim all the way down and I achieved 5400 with no porpoising. I plan to jack the motor up another 2 inches and I will make a anti-cavitation plate at work (shaw-wing www.stiffybrandpushpoles.com ) . Damn I love my new job.

The wind was a bit nasty today so I hugged the islands along the intracoastal. A 70 is more than enough for this boat. I figured with my extra decking my boat was a bit heavier. Anyhow the 70 is great, and if you fish skinny and need a hella hole shot the 70 is champ. I had to put some character on the prop and skeg! so I lanuched in flats a few times.

The only problem I had was that I didnt seal my hatches well enough and the rain this past week leaked into my rear hatches and filled my chase tubes. I figured this out a bit late.... No wonder the boat was leaning right! I'll seal em up better at work on friday.

BTW I like the idea of running beer through a bilge. Thats better than one of those funnel beer bongs!!!!!
I hope I dont screw this up!

Daniel

odras
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by odras »

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

SOUNDS LIKE YOU DID REAL WELL

Have a great time with her!

Bill
Take your kid fishing!

SurfRider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by SurfRider »

[quote="FishTX4Life"] porpoising. I plan to jack the motor up another 2 inches and I will make a anti-cavitation plate at work (shaw-wing www.stiffybrandpushpoles.com ) . Damn I love my new job.[quote]

Bro, you may want to be cool about jacking the engine up. I took mine from cave plate dead level with the bottom to about an inch above. No improvement in speed or performance -- most of all lost a lot of the range on my power trim -- set it back to normal. At some speed, these boats are going to porpoise. You have a high bow and wide flair that acts as a wing -- she aint no skinny. .

You work here? Dude, you just ruined my day.
Sic Semper Tyrannis

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

We need a Bateau calendar. Girls with sanders and dusk masks and tyvek suits

UncleRalph
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by UncleRalph »

Shine wrote:We need a Bateau calendar. Girls with sanders and dusk masks and tyvek suits
Tyvek swim suits?

FishTX4Life
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by FishTX4Life »

As of right now, with a 6 inch setback, the motor is an inch above level. From my understanding for every 6 inches of setback you can raise the motor 2-3 inches. With the ShawWing I can keep water down in the pick up. Shes not necessarily made for skinny, but she floats shallow. In the areas I fish a few inches would be very nice. Shes squats pretty good on take off, but with a hard launch in on plane in NO TIME.

BTW I just found out there will be no new STIFFY Calendar this year! :x
I hope I dont screw this up!

Daniel

SurfRider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by SurfRider »

FishTX4Life wrote:As of right now, with a 6 inch setback, the motor is an inch above level. From my understanding for every 6 inches of setback you can raise the motor 2-3 inches.
This is interesting. How about a little more explanation of "setback" and this motor raise dynamic.

As for calendar girls in Tyvek suits, lets just have dust cover the dangerous parts. ;-)
Sic Semper Tyrannis