Page 1 of 1

GV11 In Brisbane

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:37 am
by Gary Harms
Started on my GV11 this weekend.

Posted some pictures in the Gallery, link as below.

Building my GV11

All went smoothly, a tribute to the quality of the supplied plans.

Of course I've made a couple of modifications. :roll: Included an extra frame aft to build in some flotation and also will include an extra frame for the aft and middle seats to give me some storage areas and flotation.

Next weekend I'll get started on filleting and glassing the internal seams.

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:35 am
by Mike Adams
Gary,

I actually saw your pics in the gallery before you posted this thread! Looking good - congratulations on a fine start. I'll be following your progress with interest.

I see you're using Bote Cote products - I intend to use these when I am able to start on the LB22.

BTW, where are you in Brisbane? We lived in Aspley, Geebung, and Herston before moving up to Beachmere. We owned and operated two flying schools, one at Redcliffe and one at Caboolture, from 1983 to 1992.

Mike

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:33 pm
by Gary Harms
Mike,

I'm in Sandgate, nice and close to the water.

I found BoatCraft Pacific (makers of Bote-Cote) while looking for plywood. Their office is about a 45 minute drive from home and their prices are good.

After I finish the GV11 I intend to start on a DE25. :?

Gary

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:16 am
by Jeffold
Hi There Gary

I'm also in Brisbane - we should get the boats together after your done and have our own little Bateau club meeting off Bribie :)

By a strange coincidence I'm also looking very closely at the DE25 - now that would be fun.

Jeff

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:17 am
by CT_Mart
Looking good Gary. Always interested to see a boat with unique modifications.
Marty

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:07 am
by Gary Harms
More work done this weekend. Inside and outside seams have been filleted and glassed.

Some pictures posted in the gallery, link as below.

GV11 in Brisbane Gallery

Gary