TW28

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheBroomside »

If every person who gets a copy would get the permisson and agree to make and distribute two copies to other people interested, the whole world could have the Macca pictures in no time, including our Chinese fellow boatbuilders.

Peter

nordmann
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by nordmann »

jacquesmm wrote:Correct and that's why, when docking, after the engine runs idle for maybe 10 minutes or more, you run it at high rpm for 10 seconds just before you shut down.

I must comment, with all respect, remember if there is a turbo involved, the engine must always idle up to one and a half minute, so the turbo's bearings keeps lubrication when it slows down to the lowest possible rpm before the engine is shut off. Many owners/operators of big dieselengines has learned this the "hard" way.

When I had my debute as a cat operator 26 years ago I sometimes forgot that, and the owner almost crusified me when I did... I can insure you that he made me remember it... 8O :lol:
building gv17, D4

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Correct about the turbo.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Daniel Huckleberry
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Daniel Huckleberry »

I once heard a story while working for a paving company about these two red-neck dozer operators who would wind their motors (or at least the company's) up to the governor and then shut them down at the same time just to see who's turbo would spin the longest! Explain that one to the boss.

Huck

Salty Dog
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Salty Dog »

Greetings Macca,

I will apologize in advance for not being a bit quicker to add my request for a copy of your Stella CD, looking at the number that have chimed in I certainly would not want to fall into the PITA category, glad to cover what you want for the cost to send one this side.

Not sure of the best email path, I'll try sending you a PM.

Cheers,

S.D.-

TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

TW28 performance

Post by TheBroomside »

Macca,

Do you have an update on the performance of Stella.
What is the speed at max rpm?
Fuel consumption?

Thanks.

Peter

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Anybody heard from Macca lately? His e-mail address doesn't seem to be working anymore.
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Well, I'm guessin' Macca & Stella sail'd off the edge of the world! ;-)

Come back soon Macca. Your fan club is standing by!
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"