OB15 REBUILD

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

ANOTHER GOOD DAY!

Got my livewell trimmed in braced up and tested the drain. My other livewell didn't drain properly.

Put the first of two layers of my sprayrail on the hull after sanding down to raw glass.

Installed two sole braces, filleted and taped.

Tomorrow I'll epoxy the sole down, glue and tape. Fillets on front and rear cockpit bulkheads. If that dries in time I'll mock up my console. Put on final layer of rubrail.

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

Sole installed and old 5200, and nonskid sanded off. I know my fillets aren't pretty like some but I'm surely not trying to make them. I'm ready to fish! The deck is rock solid. I used my old deck so thats why you see the inspection plate.

All the livewell is finished up, new hoses and clamps, cleats hold it up at the tops of the bulkheads.

First of two 1/4" layers of my sprayrail are done. When I glue down my frames for my console I'll add my second layer on the rails. They came out with a pretty fair bow, quite pleased.

Well see how close I get to my target look and layout like this boat.

cbrman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by cbrman »

Looking good :D I can't wait to see the side console mocked up. Is that a livewell I see or just a fishbox? I was thinking about putting a small livewell up in the bow of the boat.

What type of pump setup would you go with for recirculating the water?

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

Yeah thats my livewell. I don't live bait fish much so it will be a catch all unless I have some shrimp. I used a scupper with a seacock and a Rule pump atop of that. the drain is a sump drain with an overflow pipe. Pull the pipe out and the whole thing drains out.

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

Started on my console today. Geez the thing is big! I didn't think it would end up that large but thats good. Now I can put charts and misc crap in, along with my two batteries. My father gave me what he thought was a mahogany hatch but it ended up being teak:D .... I'll frame in the door tomorrow and do some sanding.

After looking at the pictures and trying to figure out what all would fit in the it. I was going to put my vertical on front of the console, now I'm thinking I will put rod tubes through it which will drain into the bilge if water gets in them. I'll cap the top with some form of shaped mahogany rack.

Last edited by FLYonWALL9 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Johnshan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Johnshan »

Sweet! I cant wait to see more, cant wait to start my own side console too! Hope to have my floor installed this weekend, keep posting pics!

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

Had some really good much needed help today from a buddy of mine.

We were able to install my knees (glassed in) for my side deck/gunwale supports and cut out all my templates for the deck mock up. This thing looks so close to a Hells Bay I may get in trouble :D :D

I love all the deck space for the casting decks and I can still put a 72 and 102qt ice chest in the sole, if I am to go camping. For good measures we slapped on the poling platform to get scale and see how its going to turn out. VERY HAPPY DAY!

cbrman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by cbrman »

That looks awesome, keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming! :D

Your giving me a lot of ideas for when it comes time to finish off my boat :lol:

Nice Work!
Jeremy Ford
OB15 - In progress
ORCA 17 - next

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

Thanks CBR,
Keep in mind you can have more sole area if your gunwales aren't this wide. I wanted to be able to walk all he way around mine like the PH boats. Those are 10" and taper to the rear. Front deck is 6ft10 i think and rear is the same as it always was at 3ft. I AM LOVIN THIS BOAT more than I did last year already!

MadRus
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MadRus »

That's looking great Scott. I've been watching and wondering what was coming next. I love the small side console. That's a pretty adaptable design aye!