knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

Post by Jeff »

Stay warm Rick!!! Jeff

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Jeff wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:55 pm Stay warm Rick!!! Jeff
Hey Jeff. I think the cheese slid off Mother Natures cracker! +50 degs with torrential rain, thunder & lightning yesterday. 8O We'll see what kind of damage she caused to the boat shed this morning. I suspect part of the shed is flooded out.

Stay well and happy!
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Take a lil' walk around the boat. Apologize for the mess. It's not Spring Cleaning Time yet. :lol:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/spHx9aQKGLg?si=X-eKa-F_VOls7mLl[/youtube]
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Well, this ain't gonna work. Dunno what Jacques was thinking when he designed the v-berth. :doh:

Yours Aye! Rick

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Should be a lay in panel that makes it a solid berth. All the sailboats are like that so I would assume he’d just to it that way? Is it not in the plan?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Jaysen wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:22 pm Should be a lay in panel that makes it a solid berth. All the sailboats are like that so I would assume he’d just to it that way? Is it not in the plan?
If there was a lay in panel it wasn't part of the kit. I'm not sure it is in the plans but I'll check. As it is it would be a nice setup for a solo sailor. We'll figure out a solution. Standby.
Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

If you would like a chance to win one of our custom coffee mugs go to the Community page on our YouTube channel and caption the image of me in the space suit. Best and funniest response wins. We'll let this run for a couple of weeks. Enter as often as you want.

Good Luck! Rick & Lori.

https://www.youtube.com/@MVSheKon/community
Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Lori and I sat down this week with Rene from "My Dream Boat Project" to discuss the building of our TW28. It was fun.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/LgKyDyWcYR4?si=-HWGJ2wu2oA4DJIQ[/youtube]

Cheers!
Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

This morning in the boat shed. Weather cooperated a bit to let me get some work done. Templating the bulkhead we want to fill in. Gotta work on my technique a bit.

Some trimming and sanding and lots of thickened epoxy and it'll be golden. :lol:

Just a week left to 'Caption the Photo" on our YouTube Community page for a chance to win one of our coffee mugs.

https://www.youtube.com/@MVSheKon/community

Hope everybody is well and happy. Build on! Cheers!
Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Latest vLog has dropped on YouTube. If you're interested have a look, leave a comment and maybe a thumbs up eh? :lol:

https://youtu.be/v9fwHiVsgT4?si=gStGt9IeGGrCtcCz

Cheers!
Yours Aye! Rick