SeaSport Repair

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: SeaSport Repair

Post by Jaysen »

My two favorite things… below the waterline/under the boat and covered by a fixture! That a win for you.

Wax that more that a layer of oxidation over white? Hard to tell. I keep finding a lot of “cream” boats aren’t once I sand the top a bit. It’s just a bit of dirt in the pores. A bit of on and off and it’s an easy match of straight white gel.

Repair looks solid as all you other work. Go snag some of the little flounder. 😁
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

A really good paint job would be the answer but there are a couple problems with that idea. One I am a crappy painter and two I sort of like having a boat that you don't worry about getting a little dock rash.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I hate paint over gel. Repair is impossible.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.